* Until EdWeb becomes recognized as an Act 48 provider by our state, Robin will grant us those Act 48 hours via mylearningplan.
Here's what you need to do:
When submitting for approval of a webinar from Edweb (or other venues that do NOT provide Act 48 hours) be sure to check the box titled "Act 48 hours" on mylearningplan. This will ensure that you receive them from the district.
Once EdWeb becomes a provider you will no longer check that Act 48 box in mylearningplan.
So sign up for Edweb.net for free and enjoy the community of connected educators. :)
* Review the Flexshop GLSDFlexshopGuidelines2015 (1).pdf Guidelines if there are any questions. Remember, the District is not responsible for providing the flexshops. The cut-off date has been changed to May 27th. If someone has not completed all 12 hours by that date, they must finish the hours on the extended days following June 6th.
* PSEA members are encouraged to check out Member Benefits through the union. Go to www.psea.org and register if you have not done so already!
* Members who need Act 48 hours and opportunities for professional development should check out www.psea.org/onlinelearning. PSEA provides valuable opportunities for learning that members can complete at their own time and pace.
* PSEA Communications Director David Broderic wants to use member selfies and stories to promote PSEA. He is requesting that members send selfies and information to him at firstname.lastname@example.org. Members should include a selfie and a two or three paragraph summary on "How PSEA came in and helped, supported, advocated, or battled for me, my family, my colleagues, my school, and/or my profession."
* EVERY STUDENT SUCCEEDS ACT -- after 14 years, NCLB is finally close to an end. The ESSA act is currently in legislature, and gives relief from the NCLB madness. Please see this flyer in order to find out how and why this is an act that educators can get behind.
* Contact Lisa Bompiani-Smith with requests for cards and be sure to include addresses. We send sympathy cards for immediate family or special cases, as well as cards to welcome babies.
* Greater Latrobe was recently ranked 57th out of 687 schools in the state as far as value of education. Nationally, the District was ranked 1, 915 out of 21, 035 schools for value of education. In both cases, the district landed in the top 10%. Way to go!!! Without our members' hard work and dedication, this recognition would not be possible. The rankings are provided by US News and World Report. The entire rankings and information are available at: http://www.usnews.com/education/best-high-schools/national-rankings
* PSEA would like each building to have a contact person for political action calls to action and information dissemination, in addition, GLEA would like Facilitators at each building, those people who will go to members face-to-face in order to share business and build fellowship. So far, the Senior High School and Mt. View have identified such people. If interested, please contact Dank Krack or a building rep.
* The law firm of Yablonski, Costello, and Leckie still offers will for PSEA members at a discount of 30%. Members should call the law firm and ask for Kelly Johnson. A questionnaire is sent out, wills written, and the member must make an appointment for the Washington office in order to finalize the will. Notaries are on site, so a one-time visit is all that is necessary. Call 724-225-9130. The firm is a PSEA approved partner.
* Just a reminder: Emails are archived for one year. Please exercise discretion if accessing personal email accounts from school. If it is on the server, it can be disclosed.
* Since a record of remaining sick days are no longer printed on paychecks, please be sure to keep the letter sent to all employees around October 15th stating your step, sick days, etc. This is the only paper trail of those days! Also, be sure to check that the total on the letter matches the total in Aesop.
* Each building receives two copies of the Chamber Newsletter that can be posted. GLEA members are able to attend Chamber events and take advantage of Chamber opportunities.